Amee through Glass | Portrait Photography
2012, Peter’s Hill, London, England
‘Amee through Glass’ has a dreamlike quality and features several interesting visual layers to pick through. As a portrait photographer I look for ways to add depth to the image, for example:
1. I used the reflection of the sunset to obscure the subject’s eye line. This adds a sense of mystery to her persona.
2. By shooting Amee’s image through glass I was able to naturally soften the quality of her skin.
3. The glass in question had frosted letters built into it. These create an effect which gives Amee’s image another layer of interest.
4. In editing terms I accentuated the colour of Amee’s red lips. I also used a delicate amount of split toning to create a subtle colour palette.
The above elements give ‘Amee through Glass’ a depth of atmosphere and a mysterious quality.
- Louis Martins Photography
Keywords: Abstract, Art, Artist, Artistic, Arts, Beauty, Creative, England, Female, Frosted, Glass, Letters, Lips, London, Louis Martins Photography, Model, Models, Models, Photo, Photograph, Photographer, Photography, Photos, Pic, Pics, Portrait, Portraits, Portraiture, Red, Reflection, Surreal, Words
No comments posted.
Recent PostsThe Art Articles by Louis Martins (Photographer, Film Producer and Poet) London Eye and Trees | Fine Art Photography by Louis Martins Tower Bridge & Trees | Fine Art Photography by Louis Martins Black & White Photography | Shard, Clouds and Trees The Noir Trilogy: Chapter III | Affinity Day Seven | Le Pénitent | Design Stage and Recap Day Six | Le Pénitent | Cast, Crew and On-Set Photography Day Five | Le Pénitent | Production Stills Day Four | Le Pénitent | Directors Commentary Day Three | Le Pénitent | Deleted Scenes